The Top Ten Ways to Get Beyond Networking And Generate Cash-Building Exposure
Gain the exposure you need to succeed with these ten tips:
1. Present yourself as a specialist and/or an authority in your field. Identify where you excel and use your skills, core competencies, knowledge and experience to become a valuable resource.
2. Be clear on the services you provide, the target markets you serve and the kind of results you can deliver. Create an effective oral introductory message and printed business card that clearly provides this information.
3. Demonstrate confidence. You can say whatever you want, but if your interpersonal skills, communication abilities, and overall body language doesn't project a confident image - you won't be taken seriously.
4. Genuinely care about others and focus on their problems, not your needs. No one cares about how much you know until they know how much you care.
5. Create Constructive Partnerships and Alliances. Nothing can get you in the door faster then a referral. Build relationships where reciprocal opportunities can be promoted and supported.
6. Be helpful and "go the extra mile" - While you're building your reputation and expanding your referral base, nothing will get you farther faster then offering a helping hand that over-delivers on expectations.
7. Be a resource to others - Let people know they can use you as a source for related information and services.
8. It's not what you say - it's what you do. Someone once said, "I can't hear what you're saying. Your actions are talking too loud!"
9. Be memorable - What's unique about you? Capitalize on your strengths, keep in touch, and build relationships.
10. Learn to ask for what you need with positive expectancy. Want referrals? Need insights? Looking for introductions? If you don't ask, you won't get. Put it out there in a confident, positive, caring, direct way and you shall receive.